Armstrong & Associates’ interface with Congress includes keeping you informed of legislative affairs, testifying before Congress, and helping you achieve governmental objectives.
- Monitor, track, publish and disseminate information concerning developments in congressional legislation and regulation affecting areas of interest.
- Provide liaison with Capitol Hill and assistance in arranging meetings and scheduling appointments with members of Congress, congressional and administration staff, and other regulatory agency officials.
- Report on related congressional committee hearings, markups, Senate and House conferences, and floor debates.
- Provide information regarding scheduled congressional activities, including daily and monthly reports and pending legislative alerts forwarded by e-mail and fax.
- Coordinate opportunities for association members to testify as witnesses for Senate and House committee hearings in cooperation with congressional Members and staff members.
- Provide bill status and copies of relevant Congressional Record statements, Senate and House bills, committee reports, Senate-House committee witness lists and testimony, press releases affecting the area of interest, , conference reports, Public Laws, Supreme Court decisions, Rules, regulations and other pertinent information.
- Establish an effective working relationship between clients and government officials in the Legislative, Judicial and Executive Branches.
A&A Executive Director, Shari Bedker, was recently interviewed by The Wall Street Journal in their article titled “Law Firms Gear Up for Expected Jump in Bankruptcies Triggered by Coronavirus.” Read more about this piece here.